Rates for "institutional" sites
These rates apply to sites designed to present professional business and/or goods and services, except for business trading in protected works from repertoires managed by SESAM, covering the use of 100 works, of any type, per month.
- Individuals: you are presenting professional business or a money-making activity
(e.g. as an architect, displaying both your know-how and designs on your site. This is considered to be business or an exercise in promotion which is part of your professional activity).
- Not-for-profit organizations: the site generates revenue, either directly or indirectly (subscriptions, advertising, sponsorship, merchandising etc.)
(For example, if you set up a fan club with a paying subscription to a newsletter; or if you have a museum with an on-line boutique selling copies of works, promoted on your Web site).
- Business: the site presents the company and/or products and services available, with e-commerce facilities (except for trade in protected works from repertoires managed by SESAM)
(e.g. as a car manufacturer presenting cars, you have set up a site for mail order and have used works protected by copyright to illustrate your site).
- If you do not meet all these requirements or if you intend to use the works for purposes not presented on this site, please contact SESAM for information on the conditions applying.
Rights granted through SESAM licensing
By meeting the requirements and paying the rights due, as stated above, SESAM will issue you with a license to use works from the repertoires of ADAGP, SACEM and SCAM, the societies of authors represented by SESAM for:
- reproduction rights, recording works onto a computer for the sole purpose of playing them, not making them available for downloading to other Web users ;
- performance rights, playing works on the Internet or an Intranet.
The license allows you to use the works (see technical definition) for each work you wish to use :
- to illustrate your site.
A private individual may, for example, use sound as background for a personal Web site; a museum may put a collection on view, or a company may present its business activity via a Web site choosing different works to make the site interesting and attractive.
- for preview listening or viewing, of works intended for the commercial market (retailing by downloading or conventional formats).
This is the case of a record seller offering customers the option of hearing excerpts of music on-line to help in the choice of the CD to be bought by mail order, or of a site offering a preview trailer of a film before a downloading transaction, or perhaps a preview of a still picture before buying a high definition version by downloading or as a standard format.
|Payment (for a maximum of 100 works)|
|Rate||Minimum per month for an audience of 1 500 000 PAVM|
|Percentage: 1.5% of revenue generated by the site||On-line use of 1-10 works during the month||On-line use of 11-100 works during the month|
|minimum per month: 23 € excl. VAT||minimum per month: 230 € excl. VAT|
Revenue generated by the site: all income (excluding VAT) of any kind made through the Web site, including, but not restricted to, advertising revenue, sponsorship, trade, partnerships, membership and subscriptions.
PAVM or "Pages Viewed per Month": all Web pages comprising the Internet site viewed by site users in the course of a calendar month.
TO REQUEST ON-LINE LICENSING :
- INDIVIDUALS - CLICK HERE (in french) (you are presenting a business or any other money-making activity).
- IF YOU REPRESENT A NOT-FOR-PROFIT ORGANIZATION - CLICK HERE (in french) (the site generates revenue, either directly or indirectly).
- IF YOU REPRESENT A BUSINESS - CLICK HERE (in french) (the site presents the company and/or products and services available, and offers e-commerce).
The present conditions do not cover the following uses:
- Downloading works: prior authorization must be given by the societies of authors responsible for the appropriate domain (graphics and art: ADAGP; music: SACEM; audiovisual: SCAM and SACD; text: SCAM and SACD).
- TV and radio web-casting sites: licenses are issued by SACEM
- VOD or "Pay per view" video.
For any other uses of works, please contact SESAM for information on the conditions applying.
- Stage 1: you must read and accept the general conditions as stated.
- Stage 2: you must fill out the form requesting the license and to do so will need the following information which must be provided when lodging the request:
- URL address of your site.
- Full name, postal address and electronic address of the legal representative and the contact person for SESAM.
- Telephone numbers (fixed line and mobile) and fax number.
- Period requested for the license.
- Date for first inclusion of the works on your site.
- The corporate name, URL address and postal address of the host ISP.
- Site audience figures for the first months in operation (number of pages viewed per month).
- The different types of works on your site for preview listening and/or viewing (music, still pictures, audiovisual works, text etc.).
- For companies, the corporate and trade register reference.
- If applicable, the name of society of authors you belong to.